Difficulty: low Prep Time: 45 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes
200 grams of ricotta cheese
1 piece of garlic
4 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- Boil a pot of water, at boil add artichokes that have been previously cleaned, cut and remove first layer of exterior petals and prickly thorns inside. Artichoke must have only the bottom half. Boil artichokes for 8-10 minutes, remove from water, open up the petals and set aside.
- Make ricotta cheese stuffing, in a small bowl mix ricotta with 1 teaspoons of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut finely 1 tablespoon of pine nuts and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Put pine nuts and parsley in a mixing bowl, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, use an electric hand mixer and mix these ingredients together into a liquidy mixture. Add this to the ricotta mixture.
- In a oven pan, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 piece of garlic then set artichokes inside pan and fill each artichoke with the ricotta mixture. Add whole pine nuts on top of artichoke stuffing. Place the pan of artichokes in oven at 220 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove artichokes from oven, add finely chopped parsley to tops of artichokes. Serve warm. Buon appetito!