An Italian version of chicken strips with a kick of peperoncino (chili pepper), a delicate touch of zenzero (ginger), and a dusting of prezzemolo (parsley). May be served as an appetizer or second course.
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
600 grams of Chicken
1 Egg White
150 grams of Flour
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Ginger
1/2 Fresh Chili Pepper
1 bundle of Fresh Parsley
Peanut Oil – Frying Oil
Salt & Pepper
- Make frying batter. Finely chop ginger and parsley and peperoncino. In a medium size mixing bowl, place the flour with salt, pepper, ginger, parsley and peperoncino. Mix together and then add a tablespoon of sparkling water and mix. Place this in the refrigerator to rest for 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken breast into thin even strips – make sure the chicken is then if needed flatten the chicken breasts before cutting.
- Whip the egg white until it makes peaks. Add the egg white to the flour mix and whisk in from bottom to top. This complete the frying batter mix.
- Put frying oil in a large frying pan on a high flame. Wait for oil to be boiling – test before putting in chicken that it is boiling.
- Dip chicken strips into batter and place in frying pan. Fry until all side are golden and inside are no longer pink – cut inside to test one. Remove strips to a plate with cooking paper to absorb any excess oil from the chicken. And serve!