Looking for a delicious meat dish for a dinner party or just a quick solution to your week night menu – this recipe is for you. Veal, prosciutto and parmesan sure tastes like Italy and it all put together will leave you licking your fingers. We promise this dish is a no brainer to make at home!
Difficulty : Medium Prep Time : 15 minutes Cook Time : 1 hour
Salt / Pepper
- Cook spianch in a frying pan with olive oil and garlic and salt. Once spinach is cooked, remove from frying pan and drain excess water. Then place spinach back in frying pan and toss on low heat for about 2 minutes with 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- Lay out veal and salt and pepper all sides. Add a layer of spinach, then a layer of 2-3 prosciutto slices, bread crumbs and the last layer grated parmesan cheese to your pleasing.
- Roll up with veal and secure it with cooking thread or toothpicks.
- In a large frying pan heat up olive oil and add the carrot and celery finely diced. Add veal roll up to frying pan and cut on each side for about 2 minute. Once all sides have been browned add half a glass of white wine, place heat on high and let the meat cook until most of the wine is evaporated. Then place the heat on low and let cook for 40 minutes, occasionally turning.
- Serve hot, and with it’s cooking juices and a nice glass of Italian wine! We recommend a nice red wine from the Northern Italian region like Nebbiolo, or Barolo.