Roses are red, Violets are blue, Will you make a bundt cake just for us two? Valentine’s Day is just around the corner or as we say here in Italy San Valentino. This delightful berry and coconut treat can be served as an afternoon sweet snack or a light mono portion dessert. What’s great about this recipe is that you can even feel good about yourself eating it! It is free of any dairy products with the substitution of coconut milk and vegetable oil instead. This dolce will have you falling in love with it’s fluffy sponge like cake and perfect balance of sweet berries and exotic coconut flavours and best of all home-made-ness. A perfect match for the whole family to enjoy together!
Difficulty : Easy Prep Time : 30 minutes Cook Time : 25 minutes
250g (2 cups) Flour
125g (2/3 cups) Sugar
100g (1/2 cup) Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
15 oz. Raspberries
15 oz. Blueberries
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and eggs with a mixer. Slowly add in the oil while continuing to mix with the mixer. Once a few minutes have past, and all oil has been added, add the coconut milk. Mix until milk is completely integrated into the mixture.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, sift flour. Add coconut flakes and baking powder. Add salt and stir lightly.
- Add flour mix into the egg mixture, one spoonful at a time, until all ingredients have been mixed for an even dough. Stir in berries.
- Butter and flour 6 bundt moulds. Preheat oven to 350F/180C and cook for roughly 25 minutes (checking with a toothpick the centre of bundt cakes towards end of cooking time if it has cooked all the way through) .
- Remove from moulds, plate and dust powder sugar over top add additional berries and mint leaves to your serving dish.