Amatriciana, Amatricianaaaa, AMATRICIANA!
You may or may not have heard of this Spaghetti pasta before, that’s ok, but after this we promise you’ll be licking your lips like us every time you hear it again!
Many know of the famous carbonara as the beloved, classic, indulgent spaghetti pasta made famous in Rome. Well there’s another pasta that, and just like Carbonara pasta, Amatriciana will have you asking for more time and time!
There’s nothing not to love about Amatriciana. It’s the quintessential mix of spaghetti, tomato sauce, spice, guanciale (pork cheek!!!) and pecorino cheese. Amatriciana is that pasta that you won’t be able to stop twirling your fork in!
Now, there are many theories on the best Amatriciana out there, especially in Italy – where to eat it, how to make it, better in Rome, better at home, you name it and you know what we’ve tried and eaten A LOT here in Italy ! And we’re here to tell you there’s no right or wrong answer. Amatriciana spaghetti pasta is flat out GOOD whether out at a restaurante made at home, whether made with spaghetti or bucatini pasta! And I have to admit it though when it comes to cooking with guanciale, my husband Matteo is number 1!
No matter which recipe you follow however, when you cook Amatriciana at home, you’ll feel like a real Italian chef in your kitchen with this classic Italian dish to serve up on your table!
We also recommending doing a little happy pasta dance while it cooks and follow our pasta making playlist here: https://open.spotify.com/user/5mh4cvt6yjlp09v84bdua26k2?si=54nvEZePT22QWr2RtoOdfA
If you want to see, however, how we made it, then follow our video recipe
And if you want our recommendations, we recommend using:
Bucatini pasta (preferably brilla) , Mutti tomato sauce, and crushed tomatoes, guanciale (pork cheek not pancetta) and hot pepper flakes AND ALWAYS SAVE A LITTLE PASTA WATER TO ADD AT THE END TO MAKE SAUCE A TOUCH CREAMIER.
Check our our Instagram reel for a quick peak at the way we like to cook this pasta dish up at home.
From Italy to your plate!
Don’t forget to stay connected !
- Romantic Italian Meals to Keep the Romance Going All Month LongRomantic Italian Meals to Keep the Romance Going All Month Long! Italian food is quintessentially the most romantic food there is! So why not try these simple yet elegant Italian recipes for your dinner table of two, to make each night this month just as special as Valentine’s Day!
- PISTACCHIO ENCRUSTED SALMONPistacchio encrusted salmon is a show stopping dish that doesn’t take all…
- Calamarata Oven Baked Pasta with ShrimpOven baked calamarata pasta is a fast and simple pasta preparation that doesn’t miss anything on taste or presentation. Fresh, light, and packed with delicate flavour!
- Meatballs for Two: The Most Beloved Italian Recipe of All Time!MEATBALLS FOR TWO! THE MOST BELOVED ITALIAN RECIPE OF ALL TIME! Just about the most beloved Italian dish of all time by young and old! Meatballs with tomato sauce, or better known as polpette al sugo, is able to bring cherished memories to us all. Meatballs with tomato sauce if a great meal for any time of the year and day of the week! It’s kid proof, and a quick prep, that also makes it a staple in every Italian household.
- Polenta e Salsiccia: Polenta with Sausage and Tomato SauceThis rustic dish of polenta and salsiccia will not disappoint even the hungriest of members at your dining table!