Oven baked calamarata pasta is a fast and simple pasta preparation that doesn’t miss anything on taste or presentation.
Fresh, light, and packed with delicate flavour!
A fun idea is to make this quick pasta recipe for a dinner party serving the pasta in mono portions as if little candy wrapped pasta packages coming straight from the oven!
Also a great pasta dish to pair with a lighter dinner menu or a first course to a second course a little heavier or keeping in the light and fresh fish theme!
- 350 g Calamarata pasta or paccheri pasta
- 200 g Shrimp
- 100 g Heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2- 3 (or to taste) Peperoncino – chili peppers
- Salt / pepper to taste
- Bring a lot pot of water to boil. Preheat oven 180C/350F.
- Clean shrimp and cut into smaller pieces. In a medium skillet, heat add olive oil and garlic. Let olive oil get the aroma of the garlic. Saute shrimp for 2 -3 minutes, put flame on high add white wine, let cook down a minute or two and lower heat. Add in chopped tomatoes, peperoncino , parsley, salt , pepper. Let everything mix for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat, set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water, cook for half the recommended time (the rest of the time it will cook in the oven with shrimp).
- Cut 4 mono portions of cooking paper. Add pasta and shrimp mix into each cooking sheet, enough for one portion for each with a drizzle of olive oil again before putting in the oven. Wrap up the pasta like a candy wrapper. Place candy wrapped pasta on cooking sheet, cook in oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve pasta as individual cooking paper wrapped pasta packages on pasta bowls.
**We suggest serving this pasta with a white wine from the Sicilian region such as Greco di Tufo or Gavi**
FROM ITALY TO YOUR PLATE!